Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ah..... A Wonderful Do Nothing Week

Hello Family! How's everything going for you guys? I hear Omaha had some unusually warm weather the past few days! I am very excited to have you guys come and visit me here the Y! Probably next week I will send Mom and Dad an email with my schedule, classes, class lectures for that week, and cannon center dining menu. It's going to be a lot of fun! Oh, Spencer and Preston: As will be noted in this post later on, I have done a lot of Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Brothers Melee. I have also talked up a storm about how good both of you are at these games (and how Preston and I are basically unstoppable on double dash [not trying to exclude you spencer! You were/are a beast with Mario and Koopa Kid]), so I need the two of you to practice you're Mario skills (The Mario Party game is the one where they're on a cruise ship and you go to different locations) so we can kick some butt while you're here. You got reputations to live up to!!!

Anyway, Sorry it's been two weeks since I've updated this, but as my last post explains I had Midterms and just didn't have time to update it. Quick synopsis on my Midterms: I think I did very well on Poli Sci 202 (I wrote 3 papers (all ranging from 2-3 pages) for that test along with a 5 page current event essay for my other poli sci class about morality in the Middle East. Those 4 papers took me from 11:30-7:30 with about a total of an hour and a half rest to include limited dinner and breaks) and I didn't do too shabby on my Poli Sci 170 Test a few weeks back (I have another one tomorrow). I did excellent in Bio 100 and I probably got a 100 on Air Force (Open book, open slide, open note, open google!). I also did very well I think on Mission Prep (I'll know more on Tuesday). The only one I didn't do so hot in is BOM. The past two tests I've done I've gotten high 90's, but for some reason (despite studying just like I have for the other tests) I got a 78 on that midterm. Yeah.... ouch..... So I'm trying to talk to my professor to see what I got wrong and how much of my grade does that midterm count for and if the class is curved at all.

The past week has been very relaxing and wonderful. I have had very little to do, but just enough to keep me busy. On Friday and Saturday I just had fun all day. I left at 3 in the afternoon on Friday to go down to Draper with about 7 other guys from my hall to one of their houses. We played basketball (I was actually pretty good. I got I think 4 or 5 baskets in!) and ultimate frissbee outside for about 2 hours, then we ate a bunch of Little Caesar's Pizza and then played "Just Dance 2" and "Super Smash Brothers Brawl" on the Wii for about 2 hours. So by this point it's like 9ish. We then watch the new version of "The Count of Monte Cristo" (I think that's how you spell it) and it was a really good movie. I'm not one for action and drama, but it turned out to be really engaging and a good film. Regardless, I had a blast hanging out with the guys and just goofing around and having fun. The only non-fun part was when I came home. I got shafted into the car that had the young couple in it. To wrap it up in a nutshell: These two are essentially boy-friend and girl-friend but they haven't actually made it official. But they have obvious crushes on each other (example, they held hands on the entire way home, sang Taylor Swift love songs together, and joked about making a side stop in Vegas or the Bridal Shower Showcase). This wouldn't have been much of a problem except I was the only one in the car with them and it was really awkward because I felt like I was encroaching on their conversation and personal life. However, they didn't seem to mind at all and so I just worked on my journal on the computer and didn't speak unless spoken too. So I didn't get home till about 1:30 Saturday morning.

Saturday can be summed up pretty quickly. Didn't wake up till 10:30 (Slept through my alarm clock and a half hours worth of cell phone alarms) and quickly did my little bit of homework from about 12 till 2. I then played 3.5 hours of video games (Mario Party and Double Dash) with some friends from the ward and a good friend from the Air Force, in which I dominated on all fronts! (In the two matches we played I won both by getting 7 and 5 stars respectively. The funny thing about it was that before I started playing this on Thursday my friends were talking about how they were so good and how they rocked at Mario Party. Now they can't stand me and my smug little grin at the end of the game when I totally win by like 3-5 stars! :) ) After that I ate dinner quickly and tried to talk to T and Brighi but had a hard time hearing and understanding them. I then watched the second extended edition of Lord of the Rings. As much as I don't like Fantasy, it was a really engaging movie and I enjoyed watching it (though I still don't care for watching orcs and Uruk-hi's battling elves and humans). I really liked the story, cinematography, scenery, and character development. But now I have to wait like 3 weeks to watch the third and final one because of time constaints (each extended edition takes like 4 hours to watch and there are three of them!).

So really that is it for the past two weeks. Not much going on this week either. I hope to be able to talk to you guys more this week, and you should give me a call sometime. I'd love to talk to you.I wanted to show you guys how sucky my internet connection is here (if fluctuates widely) but I can't attach a screen shot onto this blog post and I can't attach a file. So I'll just show you when you get here or send it to you in an email. Love you all and I can't wait to see you! *Note: I can't get rid of those white boxes, but they're supposed to be screen shots of my computer. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment